2007-04-09

Bones Animation - Re-Acting


Bones - Re-Acting from binarymillenium on Vimeo.

I think I could have done a better job with this video, edited it a little more heavy, but I don't like to get to bogged down with it. I sort of think as these as visual notes to myself, I can refer back to them and recreate the effect I captured in a bigger and more meaningful work.

The main thing making editing more difficult was that I was using image sequences in Premiere- my computer isn't fastest enough to actual play back unrendered image sequences (and I was too lazy to render it), so it was hard to get the edits and feel right.

The source imagery is from a code.google project called 'bones' http://code.google.com/p/binarymillenium/wiki/Bones. It's a very simplistic bones animation implementation, using osg::nodes and with randomly generated hierarchy and animation. Every vertex in the object loaded for a bone has a weight that mixes (using quaternion slerp) the positions of the parent osg::node and the child. The weights are automatically generated based on the distance from the vertex from the root of the object where it joins with the parent.

No comments: