2007-02-23

Google project hosting

I was getting tired of waiting for shell service to come back to sourceforget so I searched for blogs talking about it, maybe they knew something I didn't- instead I found this entry http://icolor2.blogspot.com/2007/02/sourceforge-downtime.html which pointed me to google project hosting.

Almost immediately I created my own project http://code.google.com/p/binarymillenium/ and started uploading code. Initially I thought there was no support for screenshots but I then realized screenshots could be uploaded to svn and linked to from the wiki, although it automatically creates image for 'jpg' extensions but not 'JPG'.

I'm ready to quit sourceforge entirely, and leave all its frustrating user interface problems behind. It's one of those facets of the internet where big sites start up and then become sort of fossilized in whatever web technology was the state of the art or popular at the time, and then a new generation will rise up and replace them with superior web stuff- google web toolkit is the current new thing.

No comments: